State Scholarship and Grant Programs:
LGHS Scholarship Bulletins:
Scholarship Bulletin #9
The Polk Education Foundation online scholarship application is now open!
***If you do not see current information on our scholarship page, hit “refresh” to update your page.
On our scholarship page students will find links to –
- the application directions they should read before starting the process,
- the list of scholarships they should review (they should look under the “countywide” list and a school named list if applicable),
- helpful hints in the process,
- instructions for internet explorer compatibility issues
- and the link to apply
- Please remember students must have all of their volunteer hours entered into Genesis before they apply so that they are sure to qualify for scholarships that have minimum hours required. The same for GPA, SAT and ACT scores. The computer program pulls their information from Genesis and then screens against donor criteria, so if what is in Genesis is not the most current i.e. hours and test scores, it cannot be updated after they hit “submit” on their application.
- Also important to reiterate is applicants must print their application at the time they “submit” online, so they can prepare a hard copy packet they will turn into Mrs. Sherred. Without a completed online application AND hard copy submission, a student will not be considered.
- Students must use Internet Explorer to complete their application. The IT department created the application program using that browser and it must be utilized to complete the application. (Compatibility issues are covered in one of the links on our website.)
- The application will close on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 at 12pm.
- Without all of the required attachments noted in the directions, they will be disqualified. We will no longer be reviewing and contacting students who submit incomplete submissions.
- All paperwork is due to Mrs. Sherred Thursday, March 16th, 2017
If you share only link to the application with your students, they will miss the benefit of the directions, reviewing the scholarship list, hints etc. They need to visit our scholarship page first, read all there, then apply.
Free Websites for Scholarships: